Interior Redesign FAQ's
What is Interior Redesign?
Interior Redesign is using your existing furnishings to help redecorate a space. A professional designer can help you transform a room into a functional and beautiful space you'll love. Great interior design should evoke comfort, inspire creativity, and enhance your lifestyle and the character of your home. We can also create a design direction for those who are starting fresh.
Who is a Redesign good for?
- Redesign is good for someone who has recently moved into a new place and wants guidance and tips for decorating it.
- A young family with children who want to keep their home comfortable and stylish, yet practical.
- Someone who is ready to graduate into their college furniture for a more "grown-up" style.
- Anyone that is having trouble with a tricky space that they just can't seem to get right.
- Someone who wants to see their Pinterest board come to life but doesn't know where to start or lacks the time to do so.
- Blended families merging two sets of design styles and furniture.
- An empty nester who would like to update their home or redefine spaces.
- Someone who needs helming achieving that Property Brothers or Fixer Upper style in their own home.
I don't have a large budget, can I still do this?
I absolutely believe you should love the space you dwell in regardless of your budget. Clients can often save money when purchasing through me by receiving discounted pricing on furnishings. You can also avoid costly design mistakes and have the confidence that a professionally designed space will be one that you can love for many years.
I don't need to buy a lot of new furniture, how can you still help me?
While I do source new furniture pieces, I also specialize in utilizing your existing furniture as much as possible. You'd be amazed how big a difference rearranging your furniture to emphasize a focal point makes. There's a lot more to a well-appointed room than just furniture though. From a custom color palette to just-right accessories, I love being able to help elevate an ordinary space into something special. Often, a modest budget for some new accessories and art can really tie a room together.
I know my style and am not too comfortable with someone else coming in to tell me what to do.
Interior Redesign is a collaboration where your tastes and specific requests are respected and used to guide the design process. In addition, I will offer recommendations and ideas that broaden your perspective and encourage you to see your home in it's full potential but you will always have the final say in selections.
What services do you offer?
- Space Planning
- Concept/Mood Boards
- Coordination with Trade Vendors
- Project Management
- Lighting assessment and recommendation
- Furniture, Fixtures, and Accessories Sourcing and Purchasing
- Collaboration with Contractors
- Flooring Selection
- Custom Window Treatment Design
- Custom Cabinetry and Built-In's Design
- 2D Visualization
- 3D Renderings
- Accessories Styling
- Color Palette Recommendation
- Home Staging for sellers and realtors
How long does a project take from start to finish?
Depending on the scope of the project, Interior Redesign can be a week or a few months. The client usually dictates the deadline and from there we will map out and plan a schedule.
How do I get started?
We always start with a complimentary consultation in your home where I get to know what your needs are and what you'd like to achieve for your home. From there, I will provide you a quote for the project. Next, I'll get to know your design style,lifestyle, and budget so I can deliver a concept that suits both your taste and your needs. Ready to get started? Contact me.
How much does it cost?
My rate is $100/hr. Depending on your needs, it can be as little as a few hours. I always start with a consultation (totally free!) and am happy to give you a quote from there.